The Level 4 Sports and Remedial Massage Diploma focuses on advanced massage techniques.
During the course you will be introduced to a range of common sports injuries, along with a range of advanced massage techniques.
Focus will be drawn to injury assessment, treatment design and treatment, encouraging the student to 'connect the dots' where injuries are concerned.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to treat sports injuries, gain professional insurance to practise and join a professional body such as the FHT or STO and work as a Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist.
- Soft Tissue Release (STR)
- Myofascial Release techniques
- Neuro Muscular Techniques (NMT)
- Trigger pointing
- Active Movement Technique
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
- Deep frictions
- Theromodalities (Hot & Cold therapy)
- PNF stretching
- Introduction to Kinesiology taping
- MSK examination and assessment (joint and muscle testing).
This course has three assessment methods which include
- A practical assessment
- Video assessment
- Detailed case study assessment
- Plus all students need to complete 100 clinical hours
Core Elements - Level 4 Sports Massage Diploma
Our Sports Massage Therapy Certificate and Diploma is taught over the weekend, depending on the course dates available.
Both course formats require independent reading and massage practise to be completed prior to training assessments.
Pre-course reading is also required and will be sent out 6 weeks prior to dates available.
Due to the nature of massage therapy, a large proportion of the course is practical-based allowing you to gain as much hands-on practice and confidence as possible. A certain amount of undressing will also be required, as you will be working on your peers on practical days.